The XYH-5 X/Y microphone capsule provided with the H5 features two matched unidirectional condenser microphones set at a 90 degree angle and housed within an advanced shockmount to minimize vibration and handling noise, making it ideal for location videography and live broadcast/podcast applications. SGH-6 Mic Capsule. Zoom - PodTrak P4 Podcast Recorder. User rating, 4.7 out of 5 stars with 38 reviews. (38) Price Match Guarantee. Your price for this item is $ 199.99.
By Vernon Roderick, Last updated: July 15, 2020
With most businesses getting online, it is now crucial to have a way to communicate with employees and employers without compromising productivity, and it so happens that Zoom has that capability.
Zoom is becoming more popular each day, and even you got hooked into using it. That’s why you need to know about this platform and what best to do that by learning bit by bit.
This article will be all about the Zoom Audio Recorder which is often misunderstood by users due to its complexity. Let’s start with a question you may be asking right now.
#1 How Do You Use the Zoom Audio Recorder?
Meetings and conferences with your co-workers, employers, or any business acquaintances is very important and sometimes confidential. So before you try it out, you need to know how it works first.
In order to use your Zoom Audio Recorder, you need the following:
- A microphone, could be built-in to your Android or a third-party microphone so you can record your audio
- Headphones or a speaker to check whether the audio is correctly configured
Once you have these prerequisites, all you need to do now to use Zoom Audio Recorderis follow these steps:
- Join a meeting by accepting an invitation from someone or simply joining an existing meeting.
- If this is your first time, you will be asked for permission to access the microphone. Simply agree to it.
- Once on the meeting, there will be tabs below which includes Audio. Select this tab and you’ll get the options Call via Device Audio, Dial in, Call My Phone. Select Call via Device Audio.
Note: Dial in and Call My Phone is suitable for other situations, but Call via Device Audio is the most commonly-used option.
- If you want to disconnect from the Zoom Audio Recorder, tap on the More tab then select Disconnect Audio.
#2 How Do You Use Zoom Audio Recorder without a Microphone?
There are people who don’t have a microphone, yet they still use Zoom. This is because it is possible to use the Zoom Audio Recorder feature without one. Particularly, it is still plausible in the following scenarios:
- You don’t have a working microphone on your Android
- You don’t have headphones or speakers for your Android
- You can’t connect to a network for a computer audio
Without further ado, here’s how you can use the Zoom Audio Recorder feature without a microphone:
- After joining a meeting in Zoom just like usual and will be asked to join the audio. If it does not appear automatically, simply click on Join Audio.
- Now tap on the Audio tab that we’ve mentioned in the previous section.
- Select Dial In this time, since Call via Device Audio will be excluded from the options.
- The next screen will show a list of regions of dial ins which you could use to serve as a substitute for your microphone. Simply select a country where you are from.
Note: Zoom has countless dedicated Dial Ins which you can use if you don’t have a device audio component. If the list doesn’t show, it means the appropriate country has already been set as default.
- Now select the phone icon beside the number that corresponds to a meeting that you want to join.
- Tap on Call. If prompted to grant permission to your phone calls, select Allow.
#3 What Do I Do If Zoom Audio Recorder Doesn’t Work on a Meeting?
Zoom Audio Recorder Xlr
In rare cases, the Zoom Audio Recorder might not work on a meeting. This is either an issue on the side of the speaker or the microphone.
Speaker issues will mostly involve not hearing other people on the meeting. If you encounter this issue, you can try these solutions to fix it:
- Check if the speaker is turned on by finding a speaker icon and make sure On is written beside the icon
- Increase the volume of the Android device and ensure that it is not set to vibrate only or muted
- Use earphones if you have them
- Restart the Android device
- Reinstall the Zoom app from the Google Play Store
Microphone issues, on the other hand, involve the participants not being able to hear your audio, quite the opposite of the previous issue. Here are some solutions you can try:
- Check the Audio tab if it is not muted, which should be evident when the Audio icon is crossed out. Tap it if it is muted. If that didn’t do the trick, you can ask the host of the meeting to unmute you.
- Try using earphones that has a built-in microphone
- Restart the Android device
- Reinstall the Zoom app
#4 Zoom Audio Recorder is Echoing. How Can I Remove It?
In some cases when using Zoom Audio Recorder, you may hear an echo. This echoing will persist throughout the meeting or conference and it might be a bit annoying.
This might be due to a couple of reasons:
- The computer audio and the telephone audio is both active
- The speakers of multiple participants are close to each other
- Multiple participants are connected to the same network during the meeting
In such cases, the solution is a bit too obvious if you know the cause. (1) You can try turning off one audio medium, either the computer or telephone. (2) You can keep a certain distance between other participants. (3) You connect to a different network.
You may also try clicking the Leave Computer Audio on your computer, if you are using one. If it doesn’t work either way, the administrator can mute you.
#5 What are Ways to Troubleshoot Zoom Audio Recorder?
Zoom Audio Recorder is not only used for meetings. Sometimes, it may malfunction even if you don’t join any meetings. In such a case, there is a separate solution.
Below are the things you can do to troubleshoot Zoom Audio Recorder:
- Open the Settings app of your Android device.
- Go to the Apps & notifications
- There will be a list of apps here. Simply select the Zoom app.
- Once select, go to Permissions.
- Tap on the slider for Microphone to turn it on. If it is already turned on, don’t do anything and proceed troubleshooting in another way.
Zoom Audio Recorder Podcast
If you are still having problems, it may not be because of the permissions. In that case, follow the steps to fix Zoom Audio Recorder:
- On the Zoom app, go to the Settings icon from the bottom-left corner of the screen.
- Select Meeting.
- Tap on the slider of Always Mute My Microphone to turn it off.
That should fix the Zoom Audio Recorder successfully. If the problem still persists, then you’ve got no other option but to use another recorder, which leads us to the next question.
#6 Can I Use Zoom without the Zoom Audio Recorder?
Zoom Guitar Usa
It is actually possible to still use Zoom so you can keep all the features without having to use the Zoom Audio Recorder. This is what they call 3rd party audio tools.
Remember, however, that there are limits to this option. Below are some restrictions that may be a bit of a bother to you in the future:
- Once it is enabled, the selected 3rdparty audio tool should only be the audio running for the specific meeting that it is being used on
- There will be no sound getting recorded while the meeting is ongoing
- You will have to manually connect the speaker as it won’t be automatically detected
- You will have to log in and out of the Zoom account repeatedly every time you want to use 3rdparty audio tools
There are two ways where you can enable a 3rd party audio tool. For one, you can use it on your whole account. Second, you can use the tool only for a specific meeting.
Below are the steps on how to enable in on your whole account:
- Sign in to your Zoom account using the administrator account, if you have one.
- Tap on the Account.
- Navigate to the 3rdParty Audio section and make sure the toggle is enabled.
- Once it is enabled, input the information about the 3rdparty audio tool.
- Tap on Save. Select Turn On if prompted.
Now below are the steps to use a 3rd party audio tool besides Zoom Audio Recorder only for a specific group or meeting:
- Sign in as an administrator and this time, click the Group Management
- Select the group where you want to use the 3rdparty audio tool and go to Settings.
- Head to the 3rdParty Audio section again and enable it.
- Enter the information about the audio tool.
- Tap Save and select TurnOn if asked.
Zoom Audio Recorder H4n
It’s quite hard to find a way to get in touch with your co-workers. However, we tend to adapt quickly to things on the internet. That’s why when Zoom became available, it also became popular and most businesses use it.
Unfortunately, it can be a bit complicated. This guide should get you started with one of the most important components of Zoom which is the Zoom Audio Recorder. Hopefully, this will help start you off with this communication app.