Learn Snagit, Camtasia, Jing and other TechSmith software for free! Our videos and how-to's will get you going in no time.
- Deliver and maintain services, like tracking outages and protecting against spam, fraud, and abuse
- Measure audience engagement and site statistics to understand how our services are used
- Improve the quality of our services and develop new ones
- Deliver and measure the effectiveness of ads
- Show personalized content, depending on your settings
- Show personalized or generic ads, depending on your settings, on Google and across the web
- Snagit (Mac) Purchased/Downloaded from TechSmith. Open Snagit Editor from your old computer. Click Snagit About Snagit Version Number. The software key is shown as 25 characters comprised of letters and numbers. Copy key for activating Snagit on your computer. Uninstall Snagit from your computer.
- Buy Techsmith Camtasia 2020 and Techsmith Snagit 2020 together in one bundle - and save! Accomplish all of your screen capture, screen recording, and video editing needs. About Techsmith Camtasia 2020. Techsmith Camtasia 2020 - the Best All-In-One Screen Recorder and Video Editor.
When you need to make a screen recording for creating online courses or how-to tutorials, you might want to figure out which recording tool is the best. Among most screen recorders, Snagit and Camtasia are the most popular screen capture tools. They both do video capture and Snagit is good at screen shots. But which one is best? In this post, we will give you a brief comparison of Snagit and Camtasia to help you figure out their differences.
- Part 1. Comparison: Snagit vs Camtasia
- Part 2. Best Alternative to Snagit and Camtasia
- Part 3. FAQs of Snagit & Camtasia
Part 1. Comparison: Snagit vs Camtasia
Snagit is a tool that allows you to take screenshots, edit your images, and record screen. It provides a simple interface to let users create and edit screenshots. However, the video editing features in Snagit are limited. It only allows you to preview the videos, trim or cut out the unwanted parts of the video, or capture a particular video frame as an image.
Camtasia is a more professional screen recorder and video editor to create training and tutorial videos, product demos, and presentation on Windows and Mac. You can record any screen activity, streaming videos, FaceTime call, online lectures and more. Camtasia also allows users to share files on various websites or social media platforms.
- Support screen recording, but pay more attention on screenshots.
- Create simple, quick-response screencasts.
- Edit or annotate a screenshot with ease.
- Video Editing features are limited.
- Fairly easy to use and the interface is user-friendly.
Snagit Vs Camtasia Studio
- Support screen recording and the creation of polished and professional videos.
- No image capturing function is offered because Camtasia is only a video recording program.
- Add music or outside audio, including system audio from the computer.
- Various video editing tools, such as add video/audio effects, zoom in or out, the option of the Green screen, and more.
- It could take some time for newbie to get used to the interface.
Compared to Camtasia, the cost of Snagit is quite lower. You just need to pay $49.95 to get Snagit for a lifetime. Camtasia is available with payment of $199.00 per single user license, including both Mac and PC version.
In conclusion, Snagit and Camtasia are both valuable tools to have on your desktop and both work on Windows and Mac. When you want to share an informative screenshot, Snagit is the quick and easy way to communicate information. However, when you want to create a professional video, Camtasia is a great choice to record your screen and edit your recordings.
Part 2. Best Alternative to Snagit and Camtasia
Is there a better choice to capture screen and take screenshots? Aiseesoft Screen Recorder might be a great choice for you. It is the best alternative to Snagit and Camtasia to help you capture any activities happened on your computer with high quality, as well as take and edit screenshots with ease.
- Record computer screen, gameplay, streaming video, Webinar, webcam videos, online lectures, video calls, etc.
- Capture the sound from multiple sources, like system or microphone with original quality.
- Shoot the entire screen, custom region or fixed region based on your needs.
- Record audio and video in popular format like MP4, MOV, MP3, WMA, AAC and more.
- Take a screenshot of the screen at any customized size.
- Compatible with both Windows and Mac.
You can click on the Free Download button above and then follow the on-screen instructions to install and launch this Snagit and Camtasia alternative on your computer.
It offers three main functions: Video Recorder, Audio Recorder, and Screen Capture. You can choose one and start capturing video/audio or screenshotting on your computer. Moreover, you can edit the recording video, such as add text, line, arrow and specific labels to it.
When you finish recording, you can preview the recording file, and then save the recorded file in any popular video or audio format like MP4, MOV, WMV, MP3, AAC, M4A and more.
Part 3. FAQs of Snagit & Camtasia
1. Is there a free way to record screen?
Free Online Screen Recorder is a web-based screen recording tool, which offers a free way to help you record screen on your computer.
2. Is Snagit compatible on Windows 10?
Snagit will work with most windows platforms, including windows 7, windows 8, windows 8.1 & windows 10.
3. What are the best Snagit alternatives?
Techsmith Sign In
The best alternatives to Snagit could be Aiseesoft Screen Recorder, FastStone Capture, and Ezvid.
4. Can Snagit capture full screen?
If you want to screen capture full web page using Snagit, just move your cursor to the webpage that needs to be captured. Hit the red “capture” button. Resize the image by dragging the selection box.
If you want something similar to Snagit or Camtasia for your computer, you can free download Aiseesoft Screen Recorder to take screenshots, record any screen activity and grab audio from various sources on your computer.
What do you think of this post?
Rating: 4.6 / 5 (based on 101 votes)Follow Us on
- Record Online Video Lectures with Your Face and Voice with Low Cost
This is the easiest way to record online video lectures. You don't need to buy cameras or other expensive equipment. Actually, you can record lectures with screen recorder software on your computer quickly.
- Windows Steps Recorder Full Guide to Troubleshoot a Problem
This post is the detailed introduction to Windows Step Recorder. You can learn what is and how to use the application and its alternative on Windows 10/8/7 to troubleshoot a problem.
- Top 5 Snipping Tool for Mac
Snipping tool is available on Windows. If you want to take a screenshot on Mac, you can read this post to learn more about the top 5 snipping tools for Mac.